Monday, September 13, 2021

The Summer of Travel Continues

 Last year (2020) was the first summer of the pandemic. Travel plans were shelved and everything was locked up tight as a drum. I had been planning a bike ride of Brittany in France. It was postponed to this summer. With the spring pandemic outbreak, the ride was postponed for another year. Maybe 2022 will be a better year for international travel?

I was determined not to let this summer be like last year. I started to make some plans that included calling biking friends that I've ridden with on past trips. I was invited to join several of them on this trip. I've heard how breathtaking the view of the Utah desert can be, so I jumped at the chance.

This is my summer to make up for lost time. Started off with an bike trip along the Erie Canal, followed by a SCUBA trip to Bonaire and now a mountain bike trip in Utah.

The tour is starts in Moab UT. The tour outfitter is Rim Tours and I'm starting to get petty excited of the views that I expect to see on this trip. Looking at the weather forecast for the trip, there seems to be a break the summer heat on the horizon, so I'm keeping my eyes on the forecasts and preparing for both hot and typically chilly evening temperatures.

Rim Tours has also provided a FAQ document that make interesting reading for anyone considering this ride.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment